Operational update for Friday 20 October 2023 – 17:00 hrs
A TCG was eventually called due to a worsening of the situation:
- Essentially deployment of the flood barriers Stage One along Severnside North had to be abandoned due to equipment failures and rising river levels – This issue has led to 4 properties flooded at this location flooding.
- Some other property flooding from flash floods and also as previously advised .
- EA / Police undertaken door knocking in area.
- EA advise that the barriers for Stage Two – Severnside South are in situ and available for full deployment.
- Peak expected 4.6m on gauge.
- Operational Bronze Cell to be deployed this evening at 17:30 in Bewdley – Depot Team will cover.
- TCG 21:30 hrs – SB cover.
Depot Operational Services
- Small number of waste properties not collected – Stourport (c. 100) – Team will recollect next week.