We are starting to receive an increase in 999 calls related to flooding. Please only call 999 in an emergency.
If you come across a road that is flooded, please do not attempt to drive through it. As well as putting yourself and others in danger, it could damage your vehicle.
In all other areas, roads will be extremely wet and stopping distances could double.
Take extra care, slow down and keep back from the vehicle in front.
For more information:
- Visit https://check-for-flooding.service.gov.uk/alerts-and-warnings for flood updates
- Visit https://www.gov.uk/browse/environment-countryside/flooding-extreme-weather for details on how to prepare for flooding, and what to do before, during and after flooding
- To report a risk to life, call 999
- To report a blocked road, call your local council
· For the latest weather updates follow Met Office