Welcome to Bewdley, situated in the Wyre Forest District. Described as the most perfect small Georgian town in Worcestershire, and aptly taken from the French term ‘Beau Lieu’, indeed it is a ‘beautiful place’, with stunning landscape views and historic scenery alongside the River Severn; a great place to explore!
Bewdley’s Town Centre is therefore popular with both visitors and its residents. It boasts sports clubs, a range of community groups, a museum, churches and an array of unique and independent businesses. You can treat yourself to a meal or drinks in one of the many pubs and eateries; something for everyone.
Bewdley has major events running throughout the year:
- Organised by Bewdley Rowing Club, there’s the annual Bewdley Regatta, or if you would like a go yourself, perhaps you could enter the ‘Pub and Club’ regatta?
- If you are keen on the arts, The Bewdley Festival is a must, being part of the local calendar since 1988. Bewdley Festival Ltd is a registered charity (Charity Registration No. 701629) and to find out more about their promotion of arts and cultural events in the community, please follow the link.
- A riverside artisan market takes place in town twice a year. Details of the dates will be published in due course.
- Organised by Bewdley Town Council, to begin the festive season, the Bewdley Christmas Lights Switch-On is always a popular event too.
Other places of interest include:
- The Severn Valley Railway (Bewdley station, 10 mins walk from town centre)
- West Midlands Safari Park (1.5 miles from the town centre)
- The Wyre Forest (2 miles from town centre)
On this website and on our Facebook page, you can always find up-to-date details of events taking place throughout the year. Do check in regularly! You can find out more about visiting us via the Bewdley Tourist Information Centre website .
We look forward to seeing you very soon.