Ensuring you speak to the right people is essential in getting the correct information or desired resolution to an issue as effectively and efficiently as possible.

To that end, we here at Bewdley Town Council have collated a list of contacts for various organisations, as well as what they are responsible for and how to get in touch with each department. If you want to print the entire page click on the “Print Friendly” icon below.


Website: www.worcestershire.gov.uk

Telephone: General Enquiries: 01905 765765 OR For the main County Council Switchboard: 01905 763763

Address: Worcestershire County Council, County Hall, Spetchley Road, Worcester WR5 2NP

Almost all of Worcestershire County Council’s services provide Online Enquiry Forms, which guarantee to respond to you within a given time-frame and also provide you with a Reference Number, in case you wish to contact them again regarding the same enquiry or issue, even over the phone.

The following services may be the responsibility of Worcestershire County Council:

Worcestershire County Council Services (> denotes online form)

  • Bridges and Structures >
  • Drainage and Flooding >
  • Grit Bins >
  • Gritting >
  • Public Rights of Way >
  • Mud, Oil or Spillage >
  • Other Road or Pavement Issues >
  • Overgrown Shrubbery >
  • Pothole >
  • Street Lights >
  • Street Lights >
  • Track a Previous Highways Report >
  • Traffic Lights >
  • Improvements to walking, cycling, bus ordisabled access >
WRS logo

Website: worcsregservices.gov.uk

Email: enquiries@worcsregservices.gov.uk

Telephone: 01905 822799

At peak times such as Monday/Tuesday morning and the day after a bank holiday, our phone lines can become very busy. As an alternative, many answers to queries can be found on our web pages www.worcsregservices.gov.uk.

  • Dog Service
  • Nuisances
  • Licensing
  • Pest Control
  • Pollution
  • Food and Drink
  • Health & Safety
  • Private Water Supplies
  • Public Health

Website: wyreforestdc.gov.uk

General Enquiries: Call Customer Services on 01562 732928 (9am – 5pm Monday – Friday) OR Email: customerservice@wyreforestdc.gov.uk

Operational Services: Call 01562 732528 (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm) OR Email: operationalservices@wyreforestdc.gov.uk

The Wyre Forest District Council Out of Hours Service can be reached on 01562 732225

Wyre Forest District Council Services (> denotes online form)

General Enquiries

  • Council tax or non-domestic rates >
  • Housing benefit >
  • Planning >
  • Arts & entertainment >
  • Elections and voting >
  • Housing >
  • Community safety & anti-social behaviour >
  • Parks & green spaces >
  • Ranger services >

Operational Services

  • Rubbish, waste & recycling >
  • Parking services >
  • Street care & cleaning >


Bewdley Town Council logo

Website: bewdleytowncouncil.org

If you have concerns in the local area, you can contact one of our Town Councillors, whose details are available on our Website.

General Enquiries: 01299 400157 (9am – 3:30pm Monday – Thursday) OR Email: admin@bewdleytowncouncil.org

You can also visit our Office at Borough House, 6 Load Street, Bewdley, Worcestershire DY12 2AF

Environmental agency logo

Website: environment-agency

Floodline telephone: 0345 988 1188 (24 hour service):

General Enquiries telephone: (Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm) 03708 506 506

General Enquiries email: enquiries@environment-agency.gov.uk

West Mercia Police Logo

To find out how to contact West Mercia Police, visit their website: 

Website: westmercia.police.uk

You can file a report to West Mercia Police online, via their website: https://www.westmercia.police.uk/report

To contact West Mercia Police about anything not listed here or to inquire about anything else, visit: https://www.westmercia.police.uk/contact/af/contact-us/

101 – The police non-emergency number

101 is the number to call when you want to contact your local police in England, Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland – when it’s less urgent than a 999 call.

When should I use 101?

You should call 101 to report crime and other concerns that do not require an emergency response. For example, if:

  • Your car has been stolen
  • Your property has been damaged
  • You suspect drug use or dealing in your neighbourhood

Or to:

  • Give the police information about crime in your area
  • Speak to the police about a general enquiry

You should always call 999 when it is an emergency, such as when a crime is in progress, someone suspected of a crime is nearby, when there is danger to life or when violence is being used or threatened.

As part of Operation Snap, members of the public can report and submit digital footage showing potential traffic offences via a secure online form.

This can range from driving dangerously or carelessly to overtaking on solid white lines, using a mobile phone while driving, ignoring traffic lights or dangerous driving around other road users, such as horse riders and cyclists.

Your submission will be sent to West Mercia Police where the evidence will be reviewed by road traffic police officers.

For more information, or to submit evidence, please visit their website: https://www.westmercia.police.uk/police-forces/west-mercia-police/areas/west-mercia/campaigns/campaigns/2019/operation-snap/