A Flood Warning has been issued by the Environment Agency.
Flood Warning in force: River Severn at Severnside, Bewdley.
Flooding is expected for: River Severn at Severnside, Bewdley.
Immediate action required.
Flooding is possible in this area. Monitor local water levels and weather conditions. Avoid using low lying footpaths or entering areas prone to flooding. Start acting on your flood plan if you have one. As the Severnside Barriers have been deployed and are fully operational, we are currently not expecting protected properties in this area to be impacted. The Environment Agency Flood Warning System has issued this message based on rising river or tidal levels. We are temporarily automating our messages due to industrial action.
What you should consider doing now
* Act on your business flood plan if you have one.
* Move your staff and customers to a safe place.
* Move cars or other vehicles to higher ground, if it is safe to do so.
* Use flood protection equipment, such as flood barriers, air brick covers and pumps to protect your property. Any equipment should be professionally supplied and installed to help reduce the impact of flood water.
* Move stock and other valuable items upstairs or to a safe place in your building.
*Turn off gas, electricity and water mains supplies before flood water starts to enter your building. Never touch an electrical switch if you are standing in water.
* If it is safe to do so, make sure neighbouring businesses are aware of the situation and offer help to anyone who may need it.
* Listen to the advice of the emergency services and be ready to evacuate your building if told to do so.
* Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water. 30 cm of fast-flowing water can move a car and 6 inches can knock an adult off their feet.
* Flood water is dangerous and may be polluted. Wash your hands thoroughly if you’ve been in contact with it.
To check the latest information for your area
* Visit the GOV.UK website to see the current flood warnings, view river and sea levels or check the 5-day flood risk forecast: https://gbr01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcheck-for-flooding.service.gov.uk%2Ftarget-area%2F031FWFSE360&data=05%7C01%7Ctownclerk%40bewdleytowncouncil.org%7C2987ed64f1a64f5ae62908daf50176db%7C644052cdd9534d3f90d23f4c92850b6d%7C0%7C0%7C638091684003381852%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=X2ZQSvMBdEPQ6flNLte11MZweYRnI06hvkYDyKxS9l8%3D&reserved=0
* Or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188 using quickdial code: 309060.
* Follow @EnvAgency and #floodaware on Twitter.
* Tune into weather, news and travel bulletins on local television and radio.