Logo for Neighbourhood Matters and the crest of West Mercia Police

Cold Weather, Flooding and Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

As the flooding continues to be an issue in the Wyre Forest area, temperatures are due to drop over the weekend and into next week.

Some residents will be using petrol generators and pumps to remove water from their properties. Others may use similar systems to heat their homes in the cold conditions.

In these cases, please be aware of carbon monoxide poisoning.  Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas. You can’t see it, taste it or smell it but carbon monoxide kills quickly and with no warning. Remember to ensure you have adequate ventilation if you are using equipment like generators. If possible, use a carbon monoxide detector.

For further information, please visit the Hereford a& Worcester Fire and Rescue Service website at https://www.hwfire.org.uk/safety-and-advice/home-safety/carbon-monoxide/